On Tue, Sep 29, 2009, Dean Hamstead wrote:

> Take a look at Coraid. These guys made up ATAoE and their disk arrays
> are surprisingly cheap. http://www.coraid.com/

The last time I read the ATAoE spec, i found it had no real guarantees
for data integrity or specifying how to handle packet loss on the ethernet
segments.

But then, I'm a stickler for this sort of thing.. :)

> http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input[product_code]=EL-PC-343B&input[category_id]=277
> or this much cheaper icute case, of which i have its little brother
> http://www.mwave.com.au/newAU/mwaveAU/productdetail.asp?SKU=16010594)
>
> and then drop in a cheap CPU, a motherboard with a lot of sata
> connectors and some cheap 4 port sata2 cards.

I bought a pair of 5 disk SATA hotplug(ish!) boxes from auspcmarket for
experimentation. They work fine enough. The trouble was finding a PC
case with sufficient 5.25" halfheight bays which let you mount a > half
height disk in it. ;)

Adrian