Dean Hamstead <d...@fragfest.com.au> writes:

>> From what I hear they are proprietary and their technology is not
>> routable. I prefer to stick to an open standard, preferably something which
>> comes as part of CentOS 5.
>
> ATAoE is l2 protocol so no its not routable

...unless you package it in MPLS, or L2TP, or some other technology designed
to route layer 2 packets; various people I know who use production ATAoE swear
by this strategy.

> but ATAoE is a published standard and the drivers are in the kernel since
> 2.6.11.

*nod* I won't offer an opinion on ATAoE myself, but I can say that concerns
about the protocol compared to iSCSI are less than compelling to me.

Now, having only a single vendor, that might worry a body.

        Daniel

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.