Damn shame you didn't ask the question last week. We had a great talk down
in Wollongong last Thursday at the South Coast LUG on Django. Not recorded
unfortunately, but you can find Joshua's slides at
http://www.slideshare.net/jpartogi/webdevdjango-2103788

It certainly seems fairly easy to get into (but not being a web developer I
have no point of comparison with ruby on rails).

Regards, Martin

martinvisse...@gmail.com