I know its windowsish, but have you tried rebooting?

If some of the backend library's get updated when you start myth up again it'll be using the new libs but half the stuff its talking to will be using the old ones and it'll all get horribly screwed up.

Meijer, Luke wrote:
Hello

Hoping someone is familiar with MythTV.

I built a new HTPC box last week and had everything working perfectly.

It was a vanilla Ubuntu 9.04 build then I installed MythTV + the avenard repo
for the 0.21+fixes and VDPAU support.

HDMI video / audio, LCD screen, Shepard EPG and mythweb were all perfect.

Last night I got notified that updates were available and after installing (a
lot came down from the avenard repo) I launch Mythtv and it just kicks me back
to the desktop.

Running the mythfrontend -v all gives me a segmentation fault and checking the
'crashes' log tells me mythbackend is not configured.

If I launch mythbackend it tells me to run mythfilldatabase, if I run
mythfilldatabase and run the mythbackend it just tells me the same thing over
and over.

I thought I could re-install so I removed then added it back in through the
package manager but just get the exact same problem.

Does anyone have any angles for me to go down? I don't mind re-installing
mythtv (is there some way to restore what I had previously working?).

If I get it working again I think I will skip any updates until Ubuntu 9.10 and
0.22 are officially released (hopefully soon!).

Thanks for any help

Luke