>>>>> "Kyle" == Kyle  <k...@attitia.com> writes:

Kyle> Hi Slug, I know we did this a while back, but that was July last
Kyle> year already.  So, as I'm now in the market for a new netbook, I
Kyle> wanted to follow up and ask those of you who have bought in the
Kyle> last 6 months;

Kyle> 1. What you bought 2. Are you still happy 3. How has the battery
Kyle> life stood up over the 6m.  4. What sort of battery life are you
Kyle> getting (esp. now after 6 months) 5. How easy was it to get your
Kyle> chosen Linux up and running (this is of course relative to the
Kyle> person - Me. I'm no genius, but I can figure it out if I have
Kyle> to) 6. How has the build quality stood up 7. What sorts of
Kyle> quirks have you discovered

I bought an Acer Aspire One a year ago, and am still happy.  In fact
I'm typing this on it now!  Main problems are:
    -- slow SSD
    -- when the laptop is clsoed you can't see the power LED, so can't
       tell if it's suspended, on, or off.
    -- cover is a fingerprint magnet.

I bought wioth the small battery, and am still getting 90 minutes out
of it, after a year of heavy use.  It only ever gave me 2hrs so that's
not bad.  When it dies I'll be tossing up whether to get the 6-cell
battery (purportedly 5 hours, but an extra 500g), or the 3 cell one I
have noe (2 hours, but the whole thing weighs only 900g.)

Peter C