Hi Slug,

I know we did this a while back, but that was July last year already. So, as I'm now in the market for a new netbook, I wanted to follow up and ask those of you who have bought in the last 6 months;

1. What you bought
2. Are you still happy
3. How has the battery life stood up over the 6m.
4. What sort of battery life are you getting (esp. now after 6 months)
5. How easy was it to get your chosen Linux up and running (this is of course relative to the person - Me. I'm no genius, but I can figure it out if I have to)
6. How has the build quality stood up
7. What sorts of quirks have you discovered

I know Marghanita was big on the Kogans. How many others bought one of those? Prob with Kogan is apparently sold out till April. Recent discussion on Whirlpool has lots of people buying a Benq from onlinecomputer.com.au, but they don't appear to be too linux friendly - some complaints there.

What about MSI, Lenovo's, Sony, anything else?

Which processor should I be avoiding at this point?