Hi all,

I have a requirement to have a FAX at home.

I have vmware ESXi with CentOS virtual machines and would like to create a FAX machine hooked into a modem to the phone line. However solutions like Hylafax require a serial port but VMware does not support serial ports. (yet)

I'm just looking for some solution to mostly SEND faxes... less of a must having to RECEIVE faxes. But I suppose it should work both ways (in and out) if possible.

I'm trying to avoid running up another physical box with linux and a serial port/modem or a fax card... I have enough boxes running and am trying to reduce the number of machines I'm running. I don't mind running another Virtual machine though.

So any FAX solutions out there that can be virtualized or any free gateway fax services like the free SMS services?

I'm still searching but open to idea's. Perhaps someone has found a perfect FAX solution already?

Thanks,
Ben