________________________________
From: "wbenn...@turing.une.edu.au" <wbenn...@turing.une.edu.au>
To: slug@slug.org.au
Sent: Sun, 26 December, 2010 4:08:41 PM
Subject: [SLUG] dos2unix

apt-get install dos2unix returning the error

"Couldn't find package dos2unix"

means, presumably, that I have to find a source.

Can anyone suggest one, please?

William Bennett.

I think you just need to enable universe

tu...@benscomputer:~$ aptitude search dos2unix
p   dos2unix                                                   - convert text
file line endings between CRLF and LF

tu...@benscomputer:~$ aptitude show dos2unix
Package: dos2unix
State: not installed
Version: 5.0-2
 This package includes two utilities to handle conversion of the text file line
ending: dos2unix and mac2unix. The text files stored
 under Windows and DOS typically have two ASCII characters at the end: the CR
followed by LF code. The Unix and Linux store text files
 ending only to LF and older Macs stored the files ending to CR. While modern
editors can read any one of them, there may be need to
 convert files to one format or another. This is the classic utility developed
1989.
Homepage: http://freshmeat.net/projects/dos2unix

Tuxta