On 26/12/10 21:43, wbenn...@turing.une.edu.au wrote:
For those who asked, I'm running Lucid Lynx on a Toshiba Laptop.

Regards,

William Bennett.
I'm using Maverick on my desktop machine where dos2unix is in universe.
I looked for it on one of my servers (which runs Lucid) and it was not there.
Seems there are only packages for Maverick and Natty

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=dos2unix

I did see though that dos2unix conflicts with tofrodos, which seems to perform the same functionality

tu...@wpcluster:~$ aptitude search tofrodos
p tofrodos - Converts DOS <-> Unix text files, alias tofromdos
tu...@wpcluster:~$ aptitude show tofrodos
Package: tofrodos
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 1.7.8.debian.1-2
DOS text files traditionally have CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) pairs as their new line delimiters while Unix text files traditionally have LFs (line feeds) to terminate each line.

Tofrodos comprises one program, "fromdos" alias "todos", which converts text files to and from these formats. Use "fromdos" to convert DOS text files to the Unix format, and "todos" to convert Unix text
 files to the DOS format.
Homepage: http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/index.shtml

So perhaps tofrodos is the ticket for you.

Cheers

Tuxta