On 07/01/2011 05:40 PM, John Clarke wrote:
On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 02:32:19PM +1000, elliott-brennan wrote:

Is anyone on the list using a video card with HDMI output?
Yes, but video only, because it's running an old version of Mythbuntu
and the driver&  also versions installed don't support HDMI audio on the
card.  Apparently the latest driver and alsa do support HDMI audio, so
when I get around to upgrading, it should just work.

If so, can you let me know the specs and how it performs for you?
It's an nVidia GeForce GT240, nothing special, but it works.

John

I'm in the same boat wrt audio only with a zotac ion mini-itx board.
Apparently people have done audio over hdmi with it but i didn't have much luck, wound up using spdif.

I just ordered my next mythbox guts (had a lightning strike take out LAN port, so its off to mums where working on wifi is fine). New machine is an I3 3.5ghz low power model, power consumption should be slightly over the atom but with lots more performance. full sized mbo and an nvidia 430 video card ($60 for the card so pretty cheap).

Progress has been made recently using the GPU in the i3/i5 chips for video decoding within myth. (IE decoding works, but not much else) so when that starts working well I may ditch the 430.