:-( seems it wasn't the cable after all.

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
Voytek Eymont wrote:
<snip>
Marghanita,
This is unlikely to be relevant, but:

Since I had my phone, over a period of about 9 month, on three or four occasions, my phone was plugged into charger overnight, but didn't charge. Micro USB was fully home, power point was 'on', phone not charged. Still trying to decide who to blame, Android, Motorola,CM7, or the USB Consortium.

Thanks!!

This could well have been the problem, using the new USB cable that came with the phone - the connection came up more reliably twice.

The old cable was from Paddys Market - the only place I could find a cable with the right micro usb plug, in Sydney, in July 2009!!

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications (Sydney)