From: kfos...@tpg.com.au
Sent:Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:45:48 +1000
Subject:Re: [SLUG] Cannot receive email

 I defined my email account on the new version of Thunderbird but
 cannot receive any mail.
 I spent a long time on the phone with iinet support trying to sort
 this out. No success.
 Each time I try to get mail I get an error message to the effect that
 iinet has received and rejected the password.
 I can SEND mail from Thunderbird (via iinet). I just can't receive
 mail.

 look at the encryption settings for the password. You might need to
send it
 using a different option than what you are using.

 Generally send is unprotected except when you send via your ISP when
not
 using the ISP's lines, eg you send via 'mail.tpg.com.au' at home and
then
 when at work it fails.

 Ta
 Ken