What with all these options of Thunderbird or any email setup,
I would recommend taking a screenshot into a document of each screen in a logical and step by step manner. Then in a year or two from now when you have to rebuild or "fix" your computer, you can redo thunderbird with the correct settings from screenshots.
Obviously save the password somewhere also as it usually is in *******s

Ben