I've noticed quite a drop-off in Council-Cleanup PC's, around here anyway.

Not say don't live-in-hope in finding a new friend, just that the days of
all the PC's spending time together on the nature strip breathing the fresh
air seems to have passed. It's a new generation being thrown out now. :-)

Also, ebay and some other sites have some great specials for dual/quad core
PC's that aren't the latest tech and the machines go for $60 or so just
because they have windows-vista or something like that on them. That's what
I use (and reinstall of course).

Like for example this:
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hewlett-Packard-Compaq-dc7100-PN287AW-ABA-PC-Desktop-/121356833521