Hi,

In our SLURM cluster, we are using the job_container/tmpfs plugin to ensure that each user can use /tmp and it gets cleaned up after them. Currently, we are mapping /tmp into the nodes RAM, which means that the cgroups make sure that users can only use a certain amount of storage inside /tmp.

Now we would like to use of the node's local SSD instead of its RAM to hold the files in /tmp. I have seen people define local storage as GRES, but I am wondering how to make sure that users do not exceed the storage space they requested in a job. Does anyone have an idea how to configure local storage as a proper tracked resource?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

Tim