Hi,

when searching for an OS for my HP Microserver Gen8, I ran into SmartOS as the
most promissing candidate.
Sidenotes
- Currently, to get things started, only one HDD is in the Microserver.
- The Microserver runs with the latest Service Pack from HP.
- I downloaded the SmartOS image right before getting started.
- Both, USB stick and HDD have been overwritten with zeroes completely.

Creating the bootable USB stick works like a charm. The Microserver boots fine,
with the USB stick in the internal USB port. Grub lets me choose between the
three boot options.

Heres where Im stuck (Error messages appear on one screen):
- Couldn't read ACPI SRAT table. (Not sure whether I should be bothered by this
or not, since my Microserver has only 1 processor.)
- WARNING: Last shutdown is later than the time-of-day chip: check date. (I
did. and the warning is no longer present.)
- svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/filesystem/smartdc:default Method
"/lib/svc/method/fs-joyent" failed with exit status 95.
- svc.startd[8]: system/filesystem/smartdc:default failed fatally :
transitioned to maintenance
- Console login service(s) cannot run

What I found out:
- Obviously, theres an issue with the filesystem.
- Login as root (using the PW provided with the image)
- Checked vfstab which says that SWAP is mounted at boot (being the only one to
mount at boot)

Getting any help/hint would be highly appreciated!

If more information is needed to solve this, please let me know!

Best regards and thanks in advance!