Hi there!

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:53:42 +0100, arne anka wrote:
>> Some lines have _, some -, but either way
>> debian-gta02:~# modprobe ohci-hcd
>> FATAL: Module ohci_hcd not found.
>> debian-gta02:~# modprobe ohci_hcd
>> FATAL: Module ohci_hcd not found.
>
> had the same issue a few weeks ago.

I experienced similar problems with the sound modules while working on
the first versions of the official Debian install.sh script: most of the
time `depmod -a` and a reboot fixed it.

>> debian-gta02:~# uname -a
>> Linux debian-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Thu Sep 11 09:16:38 UTC 2008
>> armv4tl GNU/Linux
>
> rather old the kernel, isn't it?

Not only, it is not a kernel provided by Debian, whose first version was
uploaded on October 20 [1].

Jidanni, please try the Debian kernel and report your results:

  $ apt-get update
  $ apt-get install linux-image-2.6.24-openmoko-gta02
  $ reboot

>> Maybe I need to upgrade the kernel, but to do that apparently one
>> cannot just do
>> # apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> why would that be?

The above command should upgrade the kernel if you have a *Debian*
kernel installed (obviously if a new kernel version is available) ,
which does not seem to be the case.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: