> Also, for fso-frameworkd (where only one version can run at a time),
> different packages names such as for shared libraries are not the right
> thing to do – the reason why you prefer that for libraries over strict
> dependencies is that you _want_ to install two different versions at a
> time. (At least, that’s my impresion)

Ability to install two versions at a time is not the only reason for
versioning package names.

The very idea of packaging system - especially in Debian - is to keep
system in consistent state. Any action that breaks consistency should be
stopped at package installation time. And installing new frameworkd that
breaks other installed packages (o-p-p for instance) is a clear example of
an action that breaks system consistency.

> but that as well is a lot of work, which I think is too much for
> something that’s still under heavy development such as fso-frameworkd.

Packaging *is* a lot of work - it is obvious.

Unlike many other distros, Debian's users are used to trust the packaging
system. If apt installs upgrade, then it won't break things.
Breaking that is not acceptable at all.