Hello,

I had the idea of writing a simple tool to complement tangogps when
doing OSM mapping. The idea is to write a little application that sits
in the background, and when I hold down the headset button, it will
record audio from the headset microphone. Josm is then able to import
those audio files and show them as playable audio waypoints, yay!

In theory, it would be a trivial thing to do. In practice:

 - I have not found a way to detect headset button actions
 - I have not found a way to record from the headset microphone: I did
   not find an alsa scenario among the ones in /usr/share/openmoko that
   would allow you to do that, and I cannot make sense of the huge
   amount of mixer settings

Can these two things be done, and if so, how?

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enr...@enricozini.org>