On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:45:05PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Coudn’t you extend Dictator to react on the headset button (if you find
> out how that happens, of course :-))? I think it’s a regular input
> device event, you can check with lsinput and input-events. If it does
> not show up in xev, then it needs to be mapped to some X event, with
> evdev probably in hal fdi-files these days...

# lsinput 2>&1|grep ^/
/dev/input/event0
/dev/input/event1
/dev/input/event2
/dev/input/event3
/dev/input/event4

0 is "GTA02 PMU events" and does nothing when pressing the button;
1 is "s3c2410 TouchScreen" and does nothing when pressing the button;
2 and 3 are the accelerometers;
4 is "Neo1973 Buttons" and does nothing when pressing the button.

Of course nothing shows up in xev when pressing the button.

I also tried to see if any widget changed in alsamixer when pressing the
button: nope.

Other options?

Ciao,

Enrico