2009/12/15 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyri...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,

Hi Timo.,

I'm afraid I don't have much hard data to offer, but I appreciate your
description of possible combinations, and I have a few comments.

> 2. same as above, but configured to use fso-abyss instead of default
> gsm0710muxd
> Not getting to work, maybe simply because of old fso-frameworkd or
> something else? Reading auth status does not work, and I haven't
> figured out any frameworkd.conf combination which would work.

Interesting.  I was seeing the failure to read auth status problem on
my install from 10th December (so very recent), and because of that
started looking more closely at zhone.

Comparing with my previous Debian installation, which didn't have the
auth status problem, it looks like the relative timings of (fs)ousaged
vs ogsmd are significantly different in latest Debian (which I assume
=> pkg-fso) to what they were in my previous install (which is
probably similar to what is now testing).

But then you are seeing the auth status problem in a distribution that
is all testing, except for fso-abyss...

> 3. fso-frameworkd + fso-config-gta02 from pkg-fso, disabling opimd and
> if fso-abyss wasn't the default I switched to it. Using fsousaged as
> well.
> Works otherwise with all these latest stuff,

... and you don't see the auth status problem in a bleeding edge
install (including fso-abyss).

All very curious...

> but having problems -
> phone wasn't able to receive or make calls at some point later during
> a day, and this happened during a few days.

(I haven't seen/noticed this yet.)

> In all configurations I've also changed ti_calypso_deep_sleep = never,
> since it's simply better for anyone without a #1024 fix and with a
> phone / environment that has the problem.

Thanks, I've just done this too.

> In the end I had to switch back to 1. yesterday evening, which I'm
> indeed quite happy with but of course it's not the latest frameworkd
> nor using fso-abyss which is theoretically better, or at least newer
> than gsm0710muxd and it wouldn't hurt to get those working as well. Is
> there any chance that the current pkg-fso fso-frameworkd snapshot from
> 20090920 is simply outdated snapshot and what I experience are bugs
> that have been probably fixed since then?

Doesn't look like it.  Take a look at
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=framework.git;a=shortlog: almost all
the commits since 20090920 are in opimd.

Regards,
        Neil