2009/12/16 Neil Jerram <neiljer...@googlemail.com>:
> I'm afraid I don't have much hard data to offer, but I appreciate your
> description of possible combinations, and I have a few comments.

No problem really, it's more about gathering experiences in general anyway.

Forgot to add, but in my 1. configuration I "of course" need to fix
the mixer settings to be optimal (Mic2 Capture Volume to 3, control.63
to Mic 2, Mono Sidetone Playback Volume to 7 and Mono Playback Volume
according to what one happens to prefer).

> But then you are seeing the auth status problem in a distribution that
> is all testing, except for fso-abyss...
>> 3. fso-frameworkd + fso-config-gta02 from pkg-fso, disabling opimd and
>> if fso-abyss wasn't the default I switched to it. Using fsousaged as
>> well.
>> Works otherwise with all these latest stuff,
>
> ... and you don't see the auth status problem in a bleeding edge
> install (including fso-abyss).

The difference is that I didn't specify that in 2. I cannot get the
PIN dialog no matter what I do, but in case of 3. I do have auth fail
for once, but closing Zhone and starting it again fixes the problem. I
tend to forget to mention it since basically everything besides plain
testing with gsm0710muxd has varying amount of "close Zhone, start it
again" after the boot... but in case of the 2. situation, no amount of
restarting Zhone gets it working.

Even in the 1. case (testing with fso-abyss enabled) I sometimes get
auth failed, but only once.

>> but having problems -
>> phone wasn't able to receive or make calls at some point later during
>> a day, and this happened during a few days.
>
> (I haven't seen/noticed this yet.)

Ok, that's good to know that not everyone is experiencing the problem
with the latest stuff.

> Doesn't look like it.  Take a look at
> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=framework.git;a=shortlog: almost all
> the commits since 20090920 are in opimd.

So it seems. There has been however a few more commits in
libgsm0710mux and fso-abyss since the current Debian versions. And
well, there is also the frameworkd 2.0...
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=cornucopia.git;a=summary

All in all, I guess more playing with latest git versions could be
nice if one had some free time. It is though a bit annoying that there
are these timing related problems (well, unless all of those are
solved by hacking the dbus reply timeout discussed elsewhere, might be
worth trying).

-Timo