On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:09:33AM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I recently bought myself an Nokia N900. I checked out what would be
> > needed to run FSO on it. You can find the details in [1]. Apart from
> > that I started to restructure the isimodem driver from ofono into a
> > library with vapi bindings [2], generated valadoc pages are here: [3].
> do you also care about replacing the (still) proprietary pulseaudio
> plugin that manages proper audio routing once a call is initiated?
> without a replacement for it one still needs the proprietary nokia stack
> to operate the phone.
> or dont you plan to replace the maemo stack by fso having it still
> running in the back?

Hi,

I haven't took a deeper look into the other non-free parts yet. I
plan to start by running FSO together with the Nokia stuff until
it is ready to run standalone. So at the end I want the other parts
free, too.

You are talking explicitly about audio routing - they use the
following chip: Texas Instruments TWL4030. This one is also used in
the Palm Pre according to the FSO pages. Support for this chip will
be needed in fso-deviced. The kernel driver is already mainline
since 2.6.32 btw :)

PS: I recommend to read [1]. It's really interesting :)

[1] http://natisbad.org/N900/n900-commented-hardware-specs.html

-- Sebastian