On 7 Apr 2020, at 21:47, mac98aop wrote:

Anything more complicated seems incredibly non-intuitive. Any tips, pointers or reference sites? I've Googled it but wouldn't mind the SMUG filter!

Have a look here https://ifttt.com. You can do all kinds of things (it's not strictly Shortcuts but works with it - might give you ideas), like 'Get a notification when the International Space Station passes over your house' or (more on topic) 'iOS Sample: Trigger a Siri Shortcut (Workflow) using a Rich Notification'

I used to have a Shortuct that sent the last picture I'd taken to my wife (but the changed iOS interface made that a lot easier).

Anything you do frequently that requires a number of steps - it's worth considering a Shortcut.

Cheers,

Jason