As a misophone I'm fascinated at the prospect of a truly silent Mac. John Gruber has emphasised that even the 'with-fan' Macbook Pro is utterly silent. But I need three monitors so the M1 Mac Mini is sadly not going to work, so am waiting for the big guns (iMac and Mac Pro) to update.

<https://daringfireball.net/2020/11/the_m1_macs>

"...it isn’t making even a whisper of noise.

No Intel-based laptop with vaguely comparable performance to these machines can possibly match that silence. If you care about noise, the game is already over."

You cannot believe how long I've waited to read that;)

cheers,