That is because you have been brainwashed by the Quacks.

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 12:38 AM, Greg Hopper wrote:

I tend to agree....

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "The Sandbox Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 5:47 PM Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Maybe this will start something for Tim

I don't know..I think all the things we feed to our
livestock to make the meat leaner and more
tender...and to make our crops grow prettier and less
buggy...all leads us to having cancer later on...

Laurie
--- Tim Harder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I personally don't think that genetically modified
food  poses a danger
to humans.
There is absolutely *NO* evidence that it does.  One
of the main crops
that have
been totally transformed for the good are soybeans.
They now have
soybeans
that you can plant (drill) right into the ground and
then be sprayed
for weeds
*after* they have come up.  The soybeans are immune
to the spray that
kills all
other vegetation.  This means that the farmer has
way less tilling to
do to the
field which saves money, fuel, and erosion, which is
good for the
environment.

The fact that Greenpeace is behind this scare tactic
should tell you
something.
People have been manipulating the genetics of crops
for centuries....
They
are just getting really good at it now with the
advent of cellular
biology.

As far as "do countries have the right to keep these
crops from their
shelves"
without violating the WTO....  I have no idear.
That is a different
kettle of fish.