If I had kids, I think this way too.

David L.

Ben Franklin:  “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt, they have more need of masters.”

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 7:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Should mass media promote condom use for teen-agers?

I completely agree with Charles.  What I tell my kids regarding sex is MY business.  They know exactly what is acceptable and what is right in the eyes of God.  No one has the right determine what my kids know about sex, but me.  I don't buy into that idea that a kid "can't' wait for sex. That's baloney, and I don't want anyone telling them 'it's ok, all the kids do it.... just be careful".  Huh uh!!  My kids know that abstinence is the only acceptable form of birth control for them before marriage.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

When these things are taught in a public school (or shown on broadcast television) it directly undermines my authority as a parent.  Don’t I have the right as a parent to determine what is acceptable for my children?

The allowing of a parent to opt out, as you mentioned, is a good thing but from what I’ve observed it is not the normal way sex education is handled in our public schools…and on the open airwaves, that’s even worse.