I am not arguing the legality. Or the need for the law to be as it is. Only that in this case I believe that the husband is being a prick. <G>

<<Charles>> I can see over ruling the parents. Because the husband is the
next of kin. As I stated before, if my wife made the hard decision to take
me off life support there is no way I would want my mother to be able to
come and reverse that decision. When I got married I left her house for
good, and my wife became my closest relative. While I agree with you that
the husband should take their feelings into account, the decision must
always remain with the spouse.