Yes they can... and I have seen a couple of mean ass German Shepard's
too. But.... I am a firm believer that some dogs are just *born* mean.

On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:35 PM, Angela wrote:

Rotties can be just as bad....I think a lot of depends on how they were raised......

Angela
"We are all books of blood, wherever opened we are red"

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tim Harder
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 2:29 PM
To: The Sandbox Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Pit Bulls Renamed 'New Yorkies'

"A rose by any other name".....

And the last 8 out of 9 times that some person was killed by a dog
it was *what* breed?

On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Charles wrote:

Pit Bulls Renamed 'New Yorkies'

New York City's animal welfare agency is giving the pit bull a public relations makeover by renaming it the "New Yorkie." Ed Boks came up with the idea after moving to New York from Phoenix to direct New York City's Animal Care and Control. Boks says New Yorkers often are perceived in much the same way as pit bulls -- as standoffish and mean -- but both are actually "generous and open-hearted," the New York Post reports. Pit bulls perform higher on behavioral tests than even the family friendly golden retriever, according to the American Temperament Test Society.