DEAR HARRIETTE: My teenage daughter is a beautiful girl who has a terrible habit of picking at the pimples on her face, which leaves her with black marks and sores. She's so depressed about it. We've tried over-the-counter solutions from the drugstore, but it seems like they just burn her skin and that can't be good. I don't really have the money right now for a dermatologist. What should we do to help clear her complexion? -- Hope, Elizabeth, N.J.

Most people get a fair amount of fun out of their lives, but on balance life is suffering, and only the very young or very foolish imagine otherwise. - George Orwell