From: Tim Harder
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: [Sndbox] Weapons of mass (Hypothetical)

I really don't see Clinton's quotes as haunting *him*... they haunt the Democratic Party.

What if this was the end of *Clinton's* first term and he had handled all of the events
after 9/11 exactly as Bush has. Yes exactly... What would the Republican candidates
be saying in there election speeches about Clinton's foreign policies?

So who actually was convinced that Saddam has/had weapons of mass destruction? Direct quotes can certainly come back to haunt you. Read on.....

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That
is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We
want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass
destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998