From: Tim Harder
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Weapons of mass (Hypothetical)

Bethany,

I disagree. I think Clinton had the balls to go to war. I also think that the events after
9/11 would have been very similar. I think that secretly Clinton and the Democrats
are bitter that they didn't get to be in power after 9/11. They resent the nonpartisan
support an popularity that the country gave Bush post 9/11.

Clinton stated that Iraq was a threat, so it seems plausible to me that he would have
gone into Iraq as well. I think he may have had an easier time with the UN than
Bush did. If Clinton had gone into Iraq the Democrats would be all for it saying that
it was a just war and the Saddam was a tyrant and the civil rights violations alone
were enough to justify going in there.

You are right ... It wouldn't be exactly for *any* President to have history happen
the same way. I used the word "exactly" to try an generate a discussion on partisan
politics by equaling the playing field. Sorry you didn't want to play. <G>