On Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 12:19:12 PM, Jorge wrote:

>>  I am particularly interested to hear from MDaemon users who should
>>  realize a multi-fold improvement in processing speed by using this
>>  new version of persistent server. This is one of the critical goals
>>  of these modifications and preliminary responses support that we
>>  have achieved this goal.
>>

JA> I run Mdaemon and I proces about 10K message a day. What things should I
JA> look for? How can I know the performance has actually improved?

That's a good question. 10K/day is not very large so you may not see
an improvement easily. What you are looking for is higher throughput,
or more precisely, that your system is able to process more messages
in a given period of time.

Systems with heavier loads _should_ see a reduction in their backlog.

Systems that have periods of heavy activity should see the these peaks
handled more quickly.

Hope this helps,