Pete,

How about just creating some accounts that are commonly targeted by
dictionary attacks, but that were never actually valid accounts on our
server? I could redirect all of them to a common mailbox. There are also a
few other "common" (non-role) addresses that we do not use, which always get
targeted by spammers. I am thinking of sales@, info@, etc. I have
accumulated quite a list of common dictionary attack names from my logs. I
wouldn't have to seed the addresses anywhere. They get hit just by virtue of
how common they are.

William Van Hefner
Network Administrator

Vantek Communications, Inc.