What version of MDaemon / SA are you running?  This has worked perfectly
for me for quite some time.  MDaemon v9.07 has been released and
includes Spam Assassin v3.15 which resolves some SA problems.

Also, double check your local.cf file in SA to make sure your SNF rules
are correct, with no tabs or line breaks.