> Jerry lets not go there.  I asked for another reason not an ad.  And with
> all the hard work and dedication of the entire staff only having two
> problems is a true testament to what a great job they did.
>
> Smooth Thermals,
> Karlton Spindle

I want to try to make it clear once again that the "problems" at the NATS
were not a result, or responsibility of, the VOLUNTEERS working the impound.

First one was a guy who switched frequencies without telling anyone. He even
kept the old flags on the TX. Impound gave him the pin for the freq he was
supposed to be on. He flew 3 rounds like that before shooting another guy
(from his own travel group) down. He fessed up to his error, and his buddy
and him settled it there.

Second "problem" was one TX left on by the pilot/timer. Impound made it
clear (several times) that  this was not their function. They would try to
check, but with the amount of radios going in/out it fell to the pilot to
MAKE sure his TX was OFF. Impound caught several left on. They missed one.
Hardly a "problem".

Third was a spurious, no carrier RF signal that HQ and impound saw on their
scanners. They let people on that freq change and on we went.

But this whole thing got started here today because Karlton said "he heard'
that there was no impound at the NATS. Who told him this?? Certainly NOT
somebody who was there!!

We need to all be very careful about how we pass along information. Rumor
gets elevated to fact in a heartbeat here!!

Bill Malvey