In a message dated 99-08-10 16:14:22 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Anyone have a reccomended tint to use or brand.  >>

Herk Stokely wrote a good article on this in one of the early Soartechs (Doug
Bary keeps reminding me), it would be a boon if someone dug this up and
posted it, it include the right instr to give the optometrist, and warned you
would have to argue with him!  The color is an "orangey-vermillion-red" which
seems very effective, but is not (in my experience) found in anything
off-the-shelf.  I find the photochromic, rose- tinted Serengetis pretty good
under most conditions, reddish-pink S&W shooting glasses good against bright
blue sky, yellow shooting glasses good for haze/overcast - but I think I may
be overdue for distant vision glasses, so maybe I will dig up the article!
Good Lift!