FWIW, the DAW Fw-190 seems to fly pretty much the same as his P-51.  If the Mustang is
faster, it's not by much, in my experience.
I think if you choose a model that has a big spinner up front, like the Fw or the Sea
Fury, you'll be okay.  It's too bad that USN
WW2 planes did not have spinners.  I'd love to do a Bearcat, but that plane is just
too short and stubby.  I suppose I could build a
Rare Bear, since it's got the big spinner, but those clipped wings might present a
problem for a glider :)