OK, so I am getting in on this one a bit late - been too busy to read
lately..

Taken literally, 3.1 will eliminate ALL combat aircraft known to me, as
those things attatched to the trailing edge that we use to control the
plane are NOT FOAM!!!!!  Has anyone flown a plane with foam elevons???

If you really want to get picky, the radio and control linkages are not
foam either, but then this would make it really hard to make these
planes radio controlled!  :-D

Anyway, it would seem to me that glassing the elevons for durability
would be OK, as long as there are no sharp edges.  Do we need to define
the edge width as a minimum, perhaps 1/16"??

Good sky;
J.P.

--

\____________|_____________/   Ya shoulda seen the one that got away -
           --O--                   It was THIS big :-))