At 11:25 AM 10/18/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>To All,
>
>My club, has encountered a small problem this year with our 3 winches. That
>being during take-down of the the turnaround and winding the line back on
the
>drum (with the chute), it seems many :), in the club cannot get the hang of
>pulsing the footswitch without some SEVERE birdsnests.
>
>Anyone have an idea as to reducing the current/speed during wind-up?
>
>Thanks for the help,
>
>Todd

Todd you need a resistor in the circuit to reduce the voltage to the motor.

If you had another solenoid (could be any old cheap unit) you could run it in
parallel with the main solenoid with a resistor connecting it to the motor.

Add a double pole switch and use it to change from the main solenoid to
the, now, low powered solenoid for a slower return of the line.

Eddie the Eagle