At 01:28 PM 11/28/99 -0800, GRW wrote:
>I have an old Monarch, finally got it in the air, first flight was ok
>but it dove towards the end of the flight, like it ran out of elevator.
>I readjusted more throw, and tossed it again, begin and mid flight
>looked great then all of a sudden it dove out of control, like it
>stalled.  Now in the second flight I made sure I kept my airspeed up and
>I couldn't pull out and miss the pole I tagged, broke the fuse in the
>back, no biggie easily repaired.  Any ideas or does this sound like a
>stalling problem?  I am thinking I"m going to have to get a newer
>lighter plane, I really have to keep this one moving.  Thanks for any
>Ideas.  Still looking for a good HLG that is prebuilt or almost without
>costing an arm and a leg.
>
>Next question, watching John Roe's DS tape and Endless Lift II how is
>HLG scored, is it how much time your plane is in the air during the time
>alotted?  Are the scrores normalized between rounds?  Thanks for the
>help.

I answered part of this earlier, then we had company for dinner, I'll try
to answer the latter part of your questions now.

Again, it sounds like you were flying to slow.  If you have the Endless
Lift tape, watch the guys flying HLG and watch the speed that they fly.  If
there is someone in your area that flies HLG, go fly with them and get
their help.  You should see how fast Joe Hahn flies his Monarch, he rips up
the sky with it.  (for a HLG)  8-)

As for HLG's that fly slower than others, the Simply The Best and the
Carbon D-Light that sport 4083 airfoil are real floaters.  I have a few old
Simply the Best's I sport fly in light/no wind conditions, it's like a mini
gasbag.  Built up's like Ray Hayes Lil' Bird or the DJ Chrysalis are fairly
docile but excellent fliers.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
ICQ 6997780