Hit the delete key if your not interested, sorry, but I find this
fascinating. Boy, during the winter, you guys will go on about anything.
;-) Honestly, I think there are a lot of applicable principles here, and
I am amazed at the number of RC soaring guys who are/have been sailors.
(I rec'd a lot of private responses also)

I saw the same program as Brett. The landsailer in question was VERY
impressive. It was designed and built for one thing - to get the land
speed record for land yachts. It was all composite, with long flowing
lines. Even the cockpit was enclosed. It was very clean. The sail/wing
was VERY high aspect ratio, all composite/molded. They were driving this
thing on what looked like a runway, (it wasn't the salt flats) but this
was not the record attempt. They said they had already gone faster than
the current record of (I believe) 88 or 89 mph, and I seem to recall
them saying they had been over 100 mph. The driver was impressed with
its ability to go very fast in light winds. It was impressive to watch
the "boat" accelerate. I now wish I was paying more attention so I could
give you guys more accurate figures.

I'll do a little "surfing" so I can offer some pics.

C-ya