I use Goop. A dab about the size of a  small pea on the four corners, then
press into place.

Actually I set the servo linkages up beforehand (arm angle, pushrod length etc -
 totally complete), then when it comes time to mount the servos I plug in a RX
and turn the system on. With the servos in the neutral position I apply the
goop and roll the servo into the wing and press it down. unplug the RX and let
it dry.

The advantage of Goop is that at the microscopic level it it attaches itself to
the servo case's plastic much better than epoxy, and the glue joints will not
fail as catastrophically (with epoxy, an event that disloges the servo - does
so completely).

This process, along with also adhering to the inner surface of the servo cover,
makes for zero servo movement. Don't use too much Goop, getting the servo out
will be more difficult than epoxy, and (for the ashetically anal) the splooge
out the sides shrinks such that it may create an outline of the servo on the
upper surface.

Keep in mind that the reason epoxy works at all is not because it has adhered
to the servo case, but because it has created surface tension at the
microscopic level. A hard landing can disrupt this and the servo is now
floating around inside the servo bay. Unless you notice, chances are you would
launch again. Goop elliminates this possibility.

Quoting Tom Copp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> This is easy, do a test. Find an old servo with a clean case. Mix up some 5
> minute and micro about like mayonnaise. Put about a quarter size blob on the
> servo case side and squish it to a piece of smooth clean 1/4 plywood and you
> want to push down so the servo contacts the wing but not forces the wing
> flat in one area, push down so the epoxy just rolls out all sides about
> 1/16. If you put too much then you get more roll out. So push down and get
> the squeeze out and then just hold "light pressure" until it cures. Now
> about 2 hours later try and pull it out.
>
> Now sand the servo case with 150 grit, clean and repeat the test.
>
> The un-sanded servo will hold well for most guys and easily come out in a
> hard landing or when you want it to. The sanded servo will stay put in a
> hard landing but still come out when you want it to but will take a little
> more force.
>
> Also add some 8oz glass or carbon to the wing skin to stiffen the servo area
> if it has not been already done for you before you epoxy in servos.
>
> Tom Copp
> Composite Specialties
> www.f3x.com
> 949-645-7032