There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Goop/frames/epoxy all work.

We contribute the info, it's up to the reader to decide what he/she prefers.

The weight thing is a lost leader here, no one flying an aircraft with any
mounting system would ever 4 times outa five feel/observe the difference...

Quoting Michael Neverdosky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hey, how about frames?
> Screws hold tightly as soon as they are driven in and come out easily
> with a simple hand tool.
>
> I keep seeing references to ADDING WEIGHT by using frames but NO NUMBERS.
> How much weight does it add?
> Does it add weight at all?
>
> Epoxy adds weight and that is dependent on how much epoxy you put in.
> When I built a Long-EZ (full size) the mantra was get the epoxy out!
>
> I seriously doubt that properly installed frames are heavier than
> sploodging the servos in with epoxy/microballoons.
>
> I think it is really a matter of pilot/builder preference and there is
> NO performance difference AT ALL.
>
> I have glued servos in and I have used frames and I really prefer
> frames especially now that I can buy them instead of having to make my
> own every time.
>
> Quick question, how many people here would epoxy their steering wheel
> in their car and go drive on the freeway?
>
> michael
>
> On 3/2/06, Jeff Steifel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Don't use goop if you are a contest flier.
> >
> > If you want to replace a servo or gear on field epoxy is the way to go.
>
> > too didn't come out easily. If you want a strong bond but removable just
> > epoxy it in, or add the weight and go with servo frames...
> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME
> turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are
> generally NOT in text format

Simon Van Leeuwen
PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
Radius Systems