In Pat's case I would suspect he was not employing PCM given that the person
who was present under the aircraft at the time stated that he could here the
servos acting erratically prior to full down (exibited behavior of PPM
interference). Add to this, and I won't bother surmising why, is that it went
full down (I could call in Murphy's law here - as this seems to be the flight
maneuver of choice during bad ju-ju).

If the operating system had employed PCM, the event in question would have the
sailplane continue flying in the direction of the last good framerate before
entering hold/FS...whatever that position was, possibly not noticed anyhting
unusual. If memory serves, he was level flight...

As far as incursions from operating systems outside of the 20KHz spacing, yes,
this is entirely possible...

Quoting Rob Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So if the far is PCM and the near is PPM does using PCM mitigate this
> problem?  What about the opposite situation i.e. PCM near and PPM far?
>
> Rob

Simon Van Leeuwen
PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
Radius Systems