Think EPP foam for learning. Yes Olympics of various sorts were ok at one time to learn on. I did. But that was in the days before EPP. When you are learning to fly, you are going to crash a lot. With any stick built plane like an Olympic, a crash probably means the end of the days flying. It's really a bummer if it was a crash on the first launch.

If the plane you crashed is EPP, it means you dust it off and fly a bunch more. The more flying time you get, the faster you learn to fly. And you don't get discouraged by having short flying sessions and long repairs.

Randy

----- Original Message ----- The Lee Renaud / Airtronics Olympic II and the Olympic 650, I believe have been used to get more glider pilots started in the right direction. They are inexpensive easy to build fly great and can be repaired if something should go wrong.