Tangerine Pre-Announcement

Its early yet but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on Tangerine2006 to be held in Orlando, Florida November 25th and 26th. (Weekend after Thanksgiving Day)

This year we will be running the contest in a seeded Man-on-man format. Saturday we will host two events - unlimited and 2meter. On Sunday we will have two events also - unlimited and RES. Pilots will be classified into two groups: Sportsman/Expert and Masters. There will be awards for the first three places in each event for each pilot classification.

The events will be flown with separate groupings. 2meter will fly in groups against other 2meters while Unlimiteds will fly in groups against other unlimiteds. A pilot may choose to enter two events on the same day. Just keep in mind that pilots are expected to fly and time for someone else in each round, in each event. Flying two events will keep a guy plenty busy.

Because of the man-on-man format we will be requesting pre-registration so that we can work out frequency conflicts before the contest. We will accept duplicate frequencies as long as they are not in the same event. We will limit the entry to 40 per event. I do not expect this to be an issue - but we can hope attendance is that good!

I will be doing the coordinating to work out frequency conflicts. We want to accommodate everyone! I'll post more information as we get closer to opening registration.

Thanks!
Rick Eckel