Hi

We have an active group, American Airlines Gas Modelers,  flying the Edgewater Park slope in downtown Cleveland.We are having awesome days of continuous NE wind in the mid 20. We also just found a great south to SW site in the Valley off of I480 and Rockside (Tom Nagle, add that to the Ohio list.)

We have a lot of Zagis and Combat Wings and some One Designs. We are looking to start some slope racing and was wondering if anyone had some rules or suggestions for running our contest. We already have 10 2M electric contests and have a regular turnout, so i am confident we can the same guys into the slope scene.

We were thinking of two categories, one for wings and the other for conventional or One design planes. MOM, double elimination. A point for every one you beat and and an extra point for overall win. We would have flag men at the far turn. I guess one has a 10 down count the start. Like yacht racing. Five laps.Double elimination avoids the hassle of trying to time laps.

I am starting a newsletter announcement / flyer and would like some slope racing pictures "a la"  Davenport or Wilson Reservoir.

Any suggestions welcomed.

thanks

If the wind is blowing we are going.