I've flown the sloe at Edgewater several times on trips east from Milwaukee.
Nice place. I'd be interested in the conditions at the new slope.

>From what I remember I think that One Design and Wings would work best at
Edgewater. You can run a short, man-on-man course there.

Usually there is A 30 second start to allow the racers time to get altitude
outside the course. But then, you are right, it is like a sailboat race
start.

There are lots of slope racing photos in the galleries at:

http://www.slopeflyer.com/artman/publish/cat_index_52.shtml

Use any you want as long as you credit slopeflyer.com!

If you organize a race for next year, and it does not conflict with existing
events, you may get some of the Wisconsin contingent showing up! The main
this is to try to schedule it when the most likely winds are happening. If
you have slopes for alternate directions that is great. It is our downfall
here in Wisconsin. We have super East slopes but nothing for west within 2
hours.

Paul Naton wrote the Slope Racing Clinic: Some Basics and let us post it
here:

http://www.slopeflyer.com/artman/publish/article_184.shtml

I don't think the ODR rules have changed for the MWSC in years. This is a
great class with a lot of close racing:

http://www.slopeflyer.com/artman/publish/article_162.shtml

Hope this helps,

--