Having caught the slope bug bad the last couple years, I have found myself
trimming lots of flying wings and planks.  CG is critical, true, but on a
wing where the CG is close to the center of lift, you just can not have too
much elevator and get good flying.  If you can't conviince yourself to take
it out, at least set up low rates on the elevator, see which way it flies
better for you.

I fly an M60, and it just flies awful if either of those are off, and it
does not take much.  It's worth it to read the trimming section of
www.Northcountyflyingmachines.com 's website - they know their stuff.

Good luck, the bat looks like a blast!

Brent